iDatasec were borne out of an identified need to provide the market in South Africa with a source of independent consultancy services relating to information security, privacy and governance.
Our vision is to act as an independent consultancy, offering specialised services that are delivered through a very broad solution set. To assist organisations with;
- Information Security Management.
- Data Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Investment Due Diligence
Based in Cape Town, South Africa, iDatasec was founded in 2017 by Drew Van Vuuren. Drew has over 20 years experience of working in the IT industry with 18 years in Information Security and Data Governance. His representative experience includes:
- The architecture design and delivery of regional network intrusion prevention, firewall and security incident and event management systems for a major middle eastern telecommunications organisation.
- Review of a multinational financial institutions corporate IS Policy to include information systems architecture.
- Design and delivery of border security solution for global financial organisation and integration of border controls into security incident and event management infrastructure, to adhere to PDI-DSS.
- Certification and assurance of existing security incident and event management infrastructure for regional non-governmental organisation.
- Design and delivery of layered security solution for central government institution, porting of solution to SOC and design of security incident and event management infrastructure with specific focus on network controls.
- Information Security and Privacy projects across sectors in both Europe and South Africa
Financial Services and Insurance industries, Central Government, IT Service Providers, Telecoms, Manufacturing, and Oil and Gas.
Information Security Assurance, Information Governance, Information Privacy, Venture Capital Technical Due Diligence.